Saturday, September 11, 2010

Jungle Flu!

Well, I have mostly recovered from a serious bout of jungle stomach, I have never been more sick in my life! We hiked over to Encanta La Vida, a local Inn, for dinner and drinks on Sunday night. It was a brisk walk at dusk among the bats to get there. We had hoped to travel to this place once a week for dinner and hanging out with people on vacation as a break and some socialization. Well, the place had cleared out that morning and has no more guests booked for the next few months. We are bummed we won't be able to hang here more...but we had a margarita and talked to the manager and then had a great dinner. About 5am the next day I woke up and rushed to the bathroom. I spent the next 4-5 hours in there, the next whole day in bed, and the day after that taking it easy. The third day I started eating a bit again, but I still don't feel normal. What a pain! As if this trip isn't hard enough, getting sick was a major bummer.

No comments: