Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 36 update.

I have always been ankle challenged (thanks Grandma Buzzell), but I have officially transitioned into "cankle" territory this week. The ankle/feet swelling symptom all the books talk about has finally come my way. Thankfully, not many other troubling symptoms have bothered me and I have had a pretty great pregnancy. I am both scared and excited to be 4 weeks away from my due date...but mostly excited.

I'm slowing down a bit and have finally replaced my weight training classes with more prenatal yoga. I'm still as active as I can be, it is hard to get comfortable enough to sleep at night...so it helps to be really tired! I have also given up the scooter for the most part. It is actually more comfortable to drive than trying to fold myself into my car...but it is dark so early now and I'd hate to be out somewhere with it and go into labor and be a bit stranded. At least with my car Patrick can bike over to meet me, throw the bike on the roof, and drive me home!

Patrick and I are fully "educated" on this birth stuff now...we finished our childbirth class series this week and this morning we attended a Baby Basics class. We brought along some of our cloth diapers and got to show the class how cute and easy they are...hopefully we inspired some converts! This afternoon we installed the car seat (thanks again Grandma Andrea and Grandpa Dave!) it seemed pretty easy so we'll definitely be dropping by the fire station to have the guys there give it a safety check!

Other than that we're just trying to enjoy the fall weather in SB by hiking, going to the beach, and baking lots of cookies. Here are a few recent pictures...


Posted by Picasa

No comments: